Monday, June 3, 2013

I'm Taking a Hiatus From Writing Reviews

First, thanks to those who have read the reviews I have published. As I'm sure you have noticed, there are many other sources of reviews that are much better written than mine. I tried to give enough details about the game so the reader could make an informed decision about whether a particular game would suit them, along with my options about the game. My reviews probably weren't entertaining like Tom Chick's over at Quarter To Three, or had the intelligent insight that Troy Goodfellow's Flash of Steel articles do, but I hope they at least helped some people make a choice where to spend their gaming dollars.

Thanks again for reading and I hope you'll join me again if I start writing reviews again at some point in the future.

Rob

7 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying your reviews, Rob. You give an honest perspective and great comments. I understand the need to take a break, but I hope you'll go back to reviewing sometime.
    Thanks for everything!
    Darrell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, as it is nice to hear the reviews are useful to you!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Rob,
    I also bookmarked your blog and come over quite often to check if you have discovered any good game, because I trusted your review!
    Hope you will find the passion to write soon again!

    B.R.
    Lei

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such good advice! And it gives me comfort to know another writer who doesn't write systematically same amount of time each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven´t post any msg here but I was enjoying your articles. Please don´t quit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never made a coment in your blog (sorry for that!) but I was following your reviews. I have a blog myself and I am aware that is hard to keep publishing. People think that is easy to be up to date with things going on.
    I recommend you not to quit writing.
    Possibly you can just do it no so offten?
    Think about it, many people enjoy your articles.

    ReplyDelete